Things to know when texting with GovTex:
- Text do not come from a single number. Contacts may receive the message from a variety of numbers but the area code will always be the one that was pre-selected during setup. The number depends on the overall size of the list.
- Constituents will be able to respond for 7 days after the initial text, you can have an unlimited back and forth with constituents during that period but after 7 days the numbers will expire (if constituents text back after that time period it will not be received)
- In test messages the Yes and No responses are always automated but they will ONLY be automated in the live text if you select that option in the content area.
- If a constituent responds to a text and the messages starts with “Stop” it will automatically opt them out – in this case you don’t need to do anything! However if they respond with something similar but not quite the same, be sure to manually opt them out. You can easily find everyone who was not automatically tagged by using the “Not tagged” area of the response section.
- If a constituent responds to a text and the messages STARTS with “Yes” or “No” it will automatically be tagged with the code for Yes or No.