Start by selecting Services from the top navigation menu, and then select Tours from the left navigation panel. You can click on the Tour ID number to open up the tour details.
You can also access the tour from within the contact's record. Click on the contact's name to open the record. You will see an overview of all the contact's interactions with your office, including any tours. You can click on the Tour ID number to open up the tour details, or you can click on one of the options listed below the description to make quick updates.
If you click on the Tour ID number, this will open the Tour Detail window where you can view, edit, or update any information related to the request.
- To edit information about the tour such as due date, status, or assigned staff member, click the Edit link just below the contact's name. Edit the correct fields, and then click Save.
- To resolve a tour, click the Resolve linkthat appears just below the contact's name. Select the correct status, check the "Close all open activities" box, and type in a reason for the resolution. Click Resolve.
NOTE: Only active tours will appear in the Tours folder;however, you can access tour requests of any status by searching for the constituent and looking at the contact's overview.
- In the center of the tour detail, you will see an overview of all the tour interactions with the most recent item at the top. You can work with any of these items using the links below the description. (You can also view just activities by clicking on the Activity tab.)
- If you need to write a new letter, add a new journal entry, or add another venue, click the blue New button that appears in the upper right of the record.
- To write a new letter, select Activity from the dropdown menu. Ensure that "Out" and "Type" are labeled correctly, select a form letter (if relevant), and/or edit a quick letter. Click Send if the letter is ready to go out. (See our article How do I write a letter for a tour request? for detailed instructions.)
- To add a new journal entry, select Add Journal from the dropdown menu. Type or copy and paste text into the editor, attach any necessary files, and click Save.
- To add a new location to the tour, select Add Venue from the dropdown menu. A small form will appear for you to select a venue. Add any relevant notes. Then click Save.
- To return to your list of tours, click the X in the upper right to close the window.
You can also use the icons on the Tour Viewer toolbar to either delete or change the status of a tour. You can also select more than one tour at a time.
- Select the tour(s) from the list of tours in the viewer. (To highlight more than one, use CTRL. You can also select a large group by clicking on the top one, holding the Shift key, and then clicking on the bottom one.)
- Select either Delete or Change Status from the toolbar.