You can create a new tour request from within a contact’s individual record OR from the Tours toolbar in the Services module. You can also create a new tour request by converting correspondence in the Mail module to a tour request.
Create a new tour request...
Start by searching for the contact using the Quick Search in the upper right corner. Then select the contact from the list. (If you do not see the contact listed, click Create New Contact. After filling out the new contact’s information, follow the same instructions as below.)
- Within the Contact’s record, click the blue New button that appears on the right.
- Select Tour Request from the list.
- Complete any desired information including number of tickets, locations, and notes.
- Click Save in the bottom right corner.
- The new tour request will appear at the top of the contact’s Overview. Keep in mind that you are still in the contact’s record and not yet in the tour request. Click on the Tour ID number to begin working on the request.
You can also create a new tour request using the New button on the Tours toolbar.
1. Select Services from the top navigation menu, and then select Tours from the left navigation menu.
2. Click the New button located on the toolbar.
3. The New Tour form will display in the center of your screen.
4. Complete the form with the information you have. The two most important pieces of information when creating a tour are the contact who requested the tour and the tour location(s).
- Type in the number of tickets requested.
- Select the assigned staff member from the dropdown menu.
- Specify status. (These can be created by the office.)
- When creating a tour request, you are able to add 2 locations. Select a location from the dropdown. (More locations can be added once the request has been created.) Add notes for the specific location.
- You may also want to add an overall comment about the request in the comments field.
- After completing the form, select Find a Contact to search for a contact. Once you find the contact, select the contact, and click Apply. If this is a new contact, click New Contact.
- After completing the new request with all of the desired information, click Save. The new tour will be listed in the Tours folder.
NOTE: If you have a correspondence activity in the Mail module that should become a Tour Request, you are able to convert the activity to a tour, which will save the original incoming message as a tour activity and create a tour request for the contact. Click here to learn how to Convert a Mail activity to a Flag or Tour.