Scheduling an Announcement Call is a quick and easy way to increase awareness and participation in upcoming events. When scheduling an announcement call prior to a Access Live Event, we commonly see a 15-20% increase in participation for events that were announced. This advance dial-out also has the added benefit of ensuring the quality of your phone list.
NOTE: Announcement calls are included with Total Access events only; otherwise, additional costs are involved, so be sure to consult a Sales Representative for further details.
There are several things you need before setting up your call:
- Access to a computer with Firefox or Chrome
- Awareness of call restrictions and regulations
- Recorded message
- Dial lists
Prior to setting up a call, be familiar with any rules or restrictions that must be observed:
- Follow requirements for campaign calls. If this is a campaign call, you must include the “Paid For” disclaimer text in your outgoing message. All campaign calls must announce who paid for the
- Follow any Congressional requirements. If you are a Congressional client, any outgoing message must be approved by Franking prior to recording the
- Do not include mobile numbers in your list. This is against FCC regulations unless you have prior express consent of the called party. This is NOT recommended. Mobile numbers will be scrubbed automatically from your dial out list if you include
- Be aware of and observe any call time restrictions in your call area. Some states do not allow calls on certain days or after certain times. If you are unsure of calling restrictions, review the “Calling Restriction Times” list by logging into http://itownhall.iconstituent.com and selecting My Account and Documentation.
- Maintain a DNC State List if calling across state lines. If you are calling across state lines, you may wish to set up a DNC (Do Not Call) State List by selecting Files and Do Not Call States. You will be able to select Create DNC State List from the menu on the left. Give the list a name and add any DNC states to the column on the
- Maintain a DNC List. While not a requirement, it is a best practice to maintain a general DNC (Do Not Call) list. Some individuals may notify you that they’d prefer not to be contacted by your office or organization. You should add these individuals to your DNC list so that you can scrub their numbers from any future dial out lists. You can easily add individuals to a DNC List. After logging in, go to Files and select Do Not Call Lists. Find “DNC_List.dnc,” and click the “Manage” icon. Add the phone number to the “Add Phone” field and click GO.
- Include required text in message. Every recorded message should identify the speaker and include a call back (See the bolded text in the sample announcement call message below.)