Sample Moderator Script
“Good evening and welcome to XXXXX’s Access Live Event. My name is XXXXX, and I am the JOB TITLE for XXXXX. I will be your host for tonight’s Access Live Event. Thank you for joining us. We hope you find this call informative and useful.
In a moment, XXXXX will join us with some opening remarks. First, take down the number in case you’re disconnected from the call. It’s 877-XXX-XXXX, and the PIN number is XXXXX. Next, I want to explain the format for tonight’s call. If you would like to ask a question this evening, it’s very easy. Just press STAR 3 on your phone, and one of our staff will assist you.
Access Live Events provide XXXXX with another means to efficiently communicate with voters when scheduling conflicts or other concerns prevent XXXXX from hosting regular Town Hall Meetings in your community. This is not a replacement for actual town hall meetings, but rather another way to better serve you. We hope you enjoy the program tonight, and if you do, please let us know.
This is a live question and answer session with XXXXX, and in a few minutes you will have the opportunity to speak to him/her directly. Remember, if you would like to ask a question, please press STAR 3 on your telephone keypad. You will then be transferred to one of our staff members who will take your name and your question. You can also press STAR 3 if you would like to simply leave a comment or if you an issue that you need help with. Our office staff will assist you.
We’d like to get through as many of your questions as possible. To help us accomplish this goal, we must limit all callers to only one question. If your question is chosen, your name will be called, and you will be asked to repeat your question for XXXXX.”
Sample Screener Script
NOTE: Each screened call should last no longer than 60-90 seconds. Be polite but expeditious so that the Moderator has a large set of caller questions to choose from.
- “Good evening and welcome to XXXXX’s Access Live Event. Can I have your name and where you’re from please?”
- “And what is the question you would like to ask?”
If the question is good…
- “Thank you for I will now be returning you to the event. If we are able to get to your call, you will hear your name called, and you will be able to repeat your question for XXXXX.”
- Then click the Save and return to queue
If the question is NOT good…
- “Thank you for We have a lot of callers tonight, so if we are unable to get to your question, you will be able to leave a message for XXXXX at the end of the call tonight.”
- Then click the Save and remove from queue
If the person on the line is not responding to you, select Cancel and return to queue to return the participant to the question and answer queue for another screener to pick up.