The U.S. House of Representative's Digital Mail program converts first class physical USPS mail into a digital scanned format. Once the mail has uploaded by a third party vendor, it will be display in the CRM. The scan consists of an image of both the envelope and its contents.
The Digital Mail filter "USPS mail" can be found in the Inbound section in the Channel drop-down menu.
Note: Below are the exceptions of mail that will not be digitized.
- Items marked “Member’s Personal Attention”
- Personnel forms with a Social Security Number
- Commemorative items, jewelry, photographs
- Optical media
- Credit cards, cash, checks, money orders, and gift certificates
- Merchandise of any type that is included in a First Class mailing
- Medical documents
- Tickets (e.g. transportation, theater, sports)
- Financial statements (e.g. banking/investment statements, official/credit card invoices)
Interested in signing up for the Digital Mail program? Please contact the iConstituent at email@example.com.