The House has changed from static IP addresses to dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP). This means staffers who currently use the IP address to remote into their computers will instead remote in using the fully qualified domain name (the host name and the domain name).
While at your workstation, follow the directions below:
- Click on the Start button on the bottom left corner, and right-click on Computer.
- When you right-click, you will see a small menu pop up next to Computer. Select Properties.
- In the middle on the page look for the "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings." Write down the "Full Computer" name.
The next time you remote in, you will follow the directions below:
- Click on the Start button on the lower left corner, and select Remote Desktop Connection.
- You will see a small pop up window appear. Replace the IP address with the full computer name, and then click Connect.
- If you are prompted for your credentials, enter those as you normally would.