When you export contact data and survey data from the Gateway eNewsletter and Website systems, the files will be delivered in a "pipe delimited" format. This means that the various columns are separated by a pipe character: |
You can parse the Excel file into a more readable format by following the instructions below.
- Highlight column A by clicking on the column header.
- Go to the "Data" tab at the top of the Excel document.
- Click the "Text to Columns" button.
- Select the "Delimited" option and press "Next."
- Uncheck every checkbox except for the "Other" option. In the textbox, type in the pipe character: |
- This character can be found by holding the Shift key on your keyboard and pressing the \ key.
- Click the "Finish" button.
- On the "Do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells" window, press "OK."
If you'd like to change your download preferences so that your files will already display correctly in Excel, see our article How do I manage and download lists?