If you would like to add a new menu item to your website, you will add a new folder. A folder is a container for content. When you create your folder, you will have the option to choose the type of content and to make the folder title appear as a new menu item on your website.
- Log into the Constituent Gateway Website Publishing System, and select Website from the top navigation menu.
- Navigate to the correct section of the website. For instance, if you want to create a new menu item for your Newsroom section, then navigate to the Newsroom section before setting up your new folder.
- Click Add Folder.
- Enter the name of your folder in the "Section Name" field. (This is what will display in your menu.)
- Select the type of content. The type defaults to basic content, but you have the option of selecting news, events, blog, forms, and several other types. It is important to note that once you select the type of content your folder will contain and save your selection, you will not be able to change it. Depending upon your selection, you might see new options for your folder. Make the appropriate selections on the form.
- To see your new menu item on the website, be sure to check the "Display in Menu" checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Your new menu item will now appear as the last menu item in that section of your website.
- If you'd like to rearrange the order of your menu items, use the checkboxes in the "Sort" column. First select the checkbox next to the item you want to move, then select the checkbox next to the item at the position you want to move it to. For example, the new Biography folder is at the bottom of the list, but I want it to appear at the top. I'll select the checkbox next to "Biography" first, and then I'll select the checkbox next to "Committees & Caucuses."
- To see your new menu item as it appears on the website, click the section URL that displays at the top of the screen.
Your folder is currently empty, so while your menu item appears on the site, there will not be any content on the page. You will need to add either an Introduction or Content to the new folder you created.