Creating the Shortcut
1) Navigate to your Desktop.
2) Right click on the Desktop and hover over New > and select Shortcut. This will open the "Create Shortcut" window.
3) Select the "Browse" Button.
4) Next, you'll need to find Internet Explorer within the file structure:
- Expand Computer
- Expand the (C:) drive
- Expand Program Files (x86)
- Expand Internet Explorer
- Select iexplore.exe
- Click OK to close the Browse window
5) Back on the "Create Shortcut" window, the text box will look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
6) At the end of that file path, put a space (with your spacebar) and then type the address of your office's CSS database.
- The text box will look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" https://office-ia.senate.ussenate.us:901/
- Replace "office" with the Senator's last name.
7) Select Next.
8) Name the shortcut "CRM" or "CSS" (Senate Only) and press the "Finish" button.
Changing the Desktop Icon (optional)
9) Download the iConstituent Icon to your local machine, by right-clicking the icon and selecting "Save As."
10) Right-click on your existing CSS shortcut and select the Properties option. Open the "Shortcut" tab within the Properties window.
11) Select the "Change Icon" button.
12) Browse to the iConstituent Icon file you just downloaded and double-click on it.
13) Back on the Properties window, press OK.